Wednesday 18 January 2012

Mercy by Rebecca Lim

Title: Mercy
Author: Rebecca Lim
Series: Mercy #1
Goodreads Average Rating: 3.77
My Rating: 2
 I found Mercy to be a very odd book to read, it was good and it was bad. The beginning was amazing, one of the best first few pages I have ever come across, but then the book went down hill, and I mean alot. I got to the point, where numerous amount of times I was going to just give up on the book, but everytime I came close, the book would get so exciting and intriguing again. I just couldn't decide if I liked it or not. It was almost like it was written by two different author's.
There's something very wrong with me. I can't remember who I am or how old I am, or even how I got here. All I know is that when I wake up, I could be any one. It is always this way. There's nothing I can keep with me that will stay. It's made me adaptable. I must always re-establish ties. I must tread carefully or give myself away. I must survive.

Mercy doesn't realise it yet, but as she journeys into the darkest places of the human soul, she discovers that she is one of the celestial host exiled with fallen angel, Lucifer. Now she must atone for taking his side. To find her own way back to heaven, Mercy must help a series of humans in crisis and keep the unwary from getting caught up in the games that angels play. Ultimately she must choose between her immortal companion, Lucifer, and a human boy who risks everything for her love.


It was the concept which intially intrigued me to reading the book. This girl going from one body to another, taking complete controls of these girl's lives, was just utterly amazing. I thought it had so much potential, something which I believe the author, almost reached, but not enough.

To me the book was a romance, though it was almost like that genre was meant to be a secret. It made the  book much more interesting to read and more emotional for me, to the point that I nearly cried atleast once.

I believe I am not eligiable to comment of the character's relatability or development, as I skimmed about half the book, but still I found myself slightly able to relate to the character's.

All in all, I gave this book a 2star, because I felt like I wasn't able to enjoy it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment